Brongwyddel (Irishman’s hill-slope)
Gwyddwal (pl. ‘gwyddeli’) can also mean ‘thicket, thorny place’.
The Cawdor Estate owned Brongwiddel’s 13 acres in the tithe which adjoins Cefntrenfa land. John Morgan rented this and was also tenant of Cefntrenfa House and land (not the mansion) which belonged to Neuadd Fawr.
The is an ‘Old Quarry’ marked on the South east corner of the land on the 1880’s OS and by the 1900’s there is a footpath marked from Cefntrenfa to Maesygwaelod crossing the land.