Capel y Groes Houses and Gardens (Heol Groes)
The houses and gardens on Heol Groes (Crossroad) in the tithe were owned by the Glansevin estate and were rented by Thomas Lewis who was a weaver, are probably where Capel y Groes the ‘Pink chapel’ is today. It is possible that the chapel house or vestry is on the site of the ‘houses’ in the tithe and the chapel itself is on the old garden. Capel y Groes itself was not built until the 1850’s.
1. Edna Dale Jones. Cilycwm a Village and its Squire. People, Property, Development. The Carmarthenshire Antiquary. 1994..
|Name of Recorder:||Sara Fox|
|Current Name of Farm/Dwelling||Site of Capel y Groes and Henwen Dicks garden|
|Name of Farm/Dwelling on Tithe Map||123 Houses and Gardens Houses and Gardens (Heol groes)|
|Landowners (Tithe)||118 E.P.Lloyd|
|Occupiers (Tithe)||Thomas Lewis|