Gwinton has now been amalgamated into other farms. ‘Gwinten’ was owned by Howell Gwyn of the Gwyn Estate, Blaensawdde in the tithe of 1843 and Morgan Morgan was the tenant of this 29 acre holding. The tithes payable were £2.18.0.
Gwinton is 30 acres on the Gwyn estate map, there is a Gwinten Uchaf and Gwinten Isaf.1
From the Hereford Journal 1792, ‘For sale – August 25th, 1792 in the Lamb, Llandovery – parish of Cilycwm; Lot 1 –Lletherbrynnoyadd; Lot 2 – Talog; Lot 3 – Quinten Gwrw; Lot 4 – Quinten Llath.’ 1
In the 1871 census Jenkin Lewis aged 58 was living here, the holding does not appear after 1891.
Locally, Gwinten was known to have a very special well Ffynnon Gwinten that never went dry.
1. Gwinten Gwyn Estate, Blaensawdde (West Glamorgan Archive Service)
2. Hereford Journal 1/8/1792